Atmosphere and specifics
- Constructed in 1934.
- In 1956, sub-neighbourhood Tolsteeg was built with the emphasis on middle high flat buildings without lift.
- Gerrit Rietveld influence on the design Robijnhof and Smaragdhof.
- Straight lanes, broad gravel paths and grassy lanes (Park at Tolsteegplantsoen).
- Rotsoord, redeveloped with houses, industriousness, restaurants, car parks. Is now part of trendy Utrecht.
- Partly paid and partly free parking.
- Shopping centre located in heart of the neighbourhood.
- Mural in the auditorium by M.C. Escher.
- Has its own train and tram station "Vaartse Rijn".
- Cemetery, urn garden with bays and pillars, constructed in 2008.