Atmosphere and specifics
- One of the first residential areas, from 1850s onwards, that was realised outside the city canals.
- Various types of housing with characteristic look. Houses (ground floor and upper floor), built in the period 1905-1930. Sometimes with relatively small gardens.
- Characteristic is the corn mill "Rijn en Zon", situated at the Adelaarsstraat.
- Vogelenbuurt borders the Griftpark.
- On the edge of the neighbourhood is the Zijdebalen project, which has been developed from 2010 onwards.
- Because it is a very compact neighbourhood, there is no room for ground development. You do see that existing buildings (shops, schools, supermarkets, etc.) are redeveloped into living accommodation.