Atmosphere and particularity
- Built in the 1990s. The last large-scale city expansion of Utrecht before Leidsche Rijn.
- Many streets here are named after freedom fighters.
- Large family homes with a proper garden.
- This neighbourhood does not have its own facilities, for shopping you can go to shopping centre "De Gaard" which is located in the adjacent Tuindorp-Oost.
- Also has a large number of apartments situated along the main road "Aartsbisschop Romerostraat".
- Next to Voordorp is the recently developed former Veemarktterrein. The first houses and apartments there were finished in 2016.
- Shopping centre De Gaard will be expanded and modernised early 2018.