Atmosphere and specifics
- Lauwerecht dates back to the 16the and 17th century. It is area where they first started building outside the city centre.
- Previously, an independent rural community (pottery industry).
- The buildings are very diverse. Ground floor and upper floor housing but also stately houses from the 19th century.
- The neighbourhood is enclosed between the Vecht and the Talmalaan and is connected to the city centre in the south.
- Several houses in the Lauwerecht have a garden that borders the Vecht.
- New housing was constructed at the Gruttersdijk.
- New development in the Talmalaan area. Social housing and office buildings are demolished and more than 800 houses are realised. These developments should improve the quality of life and the quality of living in Lauwerecht-Noord.
- There will be a 30 kms zone a park; the Pocketparc at Schermerhornstraat.